Lots and Lot Owners
Lots and Lot Owners:
- Persons desiring to purchase lots should visit the Cemetery where the management will aid them in making a selection. Payments on same to be made at the cemetery office.
- Right of burial is obtained by the purchase of the Certificate, which entitles the purchaser to the perpetual use of the lot for the purpose of sepulcher only, subject to the Rules and Regulations of the Cemetery, the discipline of the Roman Catholic Church and the Rules of the Diocese of Rochester with respect to burials and funerals.
- Title to all Cemetery land remains in the Cemetery Corporation.
In case of failure to pay notes given as part purchase price of lots, the Cemetery reserves the right to remove interments made therein; to cancel the right to use the said lot by the person in default and to resell such lot.
- Lots, when conveyed to individual proprietors, shall be indivisible, but may be held and owned in undivided shares. Certificates of ownership do not confer a right to sell, transfer or assign the same or to sell, assign or transfer any portion of the lot covered by said Certificate. A Certificate to the lot will be issued when lot has been paid in full.
- Applications for the privilege to bury in lot, persons other than the holders of Certificates, must be made through the Clerk and permis¬sion for such privilege must be approved by the management of the Cemetery.
Permission for the interment of anyone, not a relative of the owner of the Certificate of a lot, must be obtained from the Clerk of the Cemetery.
- Upon the death of the owner of a Certificate, the right to such Certificate passes to the next-of-kin of such owner.
- No lot owner shall receive compensation for an interment in his lot.
- Monuments may not be erected until lot is fully paid. Certain sections may have restrictions on type or size of monument or marker that can be used. It is the lot owner’s responsibility to check with the cemetery office for any restrictions pertaining to their individual lot before purchasing the monument.
- Descriptions of lots will be in accordance with the Cemetery records kept on file in the Cemetery office.
- The right to enlarge, reduce, replace or change the boundaries or grading of the cemetery, or a section or sections, from time to time, including the right to modify or change the locations of or remove or regrade roads, drives, or walks, or any part thereof is hereby reserved.
- The right to lay, maintain and operate, or alter or change pipe lines or gutters for sprinkling systems, drainage, et cetera, is also expressly reserved, as well as is the right to use cemetery property not sold to individual lot owners for cemetery purpose, including interment of the dead, or for anything necessary, incidental or convenient thereto. The Cemetery reserves to itself and to those lawfully entitled thereto a perpetual right of ingress and egress over lots for the purpose of passing to and from other lots.
- No balloons, or objects taped to the stones. No pictures or photographs allowed on monuments or headstones. No symbol~ character, verse, saying, poetry, nicknames, or design (such .as ani¬mals) not considered conducive to the image of a Catholic Cemetery will be allowed No decorations are to be hung from the trees or shrubs planted by the cemetery.
- The Management will take all reasonable precautions to protect lot owners, and the property rights of lot owners, within the Cemetery from loss or damage; but the Cemetery disclaims all responsibility for loss or damage from causes beyond its reasonable control~ and espe¬cially from damage caused by the elements, an act of God, common enemy, thieves, vandals, strikers, malicious mischief makers, explosions, unavoidable accidents, invasions, insurrections riots, or order of any military or civil authority, whether the damage be direct or collateral, other than as herein provided
- It is the duty of the lot owner to notify the Management of any change in his post office address.
- A Certificate will be issued for the purchase price of the lot when the lot has been paid in full. The Certificate number will be kept on f1le in the Cemetery Office. Management reserves the right to charge a small fee for any request for a copy of the original certificate.
The instrument of conveyance of these rules and Regulations and any amendments thereto constitutes the sole agreement between the Cemetery and the lot owner.
- The statement of any employee or agent, unless confirmed in writing by the Management. shall in no way bind the Cemetery.